Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
SOME THINGS YOU WILL BE DOING ON THIS JOB
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
- Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate plans.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value and location of property.
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.